Friday, July 29, 2011

Still here! Hats, Small Art Exchange, Pokemon Project, Screenprinting!


Hey everyone! I'm still alive, sort of! I've been making Totoro hats for the last three weeks, which was good because I got Cancun money, but terrible because it was so boring and sucking up my life! I've still got a few more to go...














My new crochet project is to design some Pokemon patterns. The Yanma pattern is almost finished... I just need to make multiples of all the parts (4 wings, 6 legs, ugh...)! But I have plans for Mareep and Snivy following Yanma in all likelihood.








Small Art Exchange #2 is about to begin this weekend. For my half of #1, I finished my "Dancing Goat" amigurumi! He's a running joke with old D&D partner, Dallas. Basically, when our game lost focus, my sole purpose was to see this famed "dancing" goat dance. I botched my rolls for probably the entirety of our two year game. BUT RUMOR HAS IT, HE DANCES!






Small Art Exchange #1 wasn't all fun, games, and dancing goats though. I spent three full days and approximately $45 worth of supplies to attempt to help my squirrel-friend screenprint this awesome image onto a shirt for her half. Dear Emily Williams, WE TRIED SO HARD. I'M SO SORRY. Susan made the image and I hand-painted it onto the transparency... My guest-bathroom is a toxic screenprinting disaster zone... CRY!





To treat my screenprinting despair, I did some ghetto screen printing as demonstrated by Threadbanger. It still wasn't as easy as they made it seem, but, behold, RAINBOW TOTORO.


So yeah! I'm still alive. Still doing stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the totoro hat and screen print. I had thought of making pokemon myself but i only know a few! x